Skye and back to Edinburgh 4.3.2025

 Been thinking about what makes Isle of Skye so special - besides the beautiful countryside.

The people are friendly and kind, but that’s also been true in Edinburgh. Maybe it’s that the island is sparsely populated, and there’s tremendous similarity among the houses - they look like a child’s drawing of a house, simple rectangles with symmetrical windows and peaked roofs. I’m sure there are more elaborate houses around, but this is what I saw.




If it’s not obvious - this is me feeding a highland coo!

This is some of the gorse that is blazing everywhere.



And on to Eilean Donan Castle 







You aren’t supposed to take pics inside the castle but I sneaked one to show the mixing bowls - I have these bowls!



Took a boat out on Loch Ness to see Nessie - she says hello to everyone



And back to Edinburgh which felt like coming home! Met up with Tracy and Cameron, hit a pub, went to dinner.

And so to bed.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blair Castle, Whisky, Steam Train and Tea 4.9.2025

LAX Musings and on to Scotland

Edinburgh Monday 3/31/2025